The story of Mr & Mr Hansel – August 2022
This beaut pair tied the knot at Hogarths Stone Manor, Kidderminster and it was just the most gorge day.
Nick and Luke wanted someone to capture their authentic story and have a keepsake to remember their day forever. They told me that Luke’s Mum and Dad got married over 30 years ago and had their wedding recorded and still enjoy watching it back now, so they wanted the same.
I’m so happy they asked me to be a part of it and honoured that it was my first LGBTQ+ wedding. I’ve always wanted to represent couples from all walks of life and hopefully this is just the first of many 🥰
My personal highlights of the day were…
- Interviewing them both separately beforehand and hearing their stories of how they first met and what they mean to each other. This was so lovely and music to my ears to use the audio for their film!
- Both of their Mums’ reactions to seeing them for the first time in their suits 🥺
- Archie (the dog) strutting down the aisle and giving them their rings. Fur babies are always a win at a wedding!
- Golden hour! We got some beautiful shots when the sun was setting ☀️ 💘Nick’s Aunt sang for them during the evening, which made their first dance even more memorable❤️ Some particular moments where Nick and Luke weren’t afraid to let their personalities shine…
- When they jumped on the bed after walking into their suite for the first time
- Luke said “I will” too early. I loved his eagerness to be married!
- I encouraged them do a little shot together at the photobooth wearing ALL the props!
- Nick dancing (as you’ll see from the video) was absolutely top class!
Congratulations to you both and thank you so much for letting me be a part of your day – I will remember this one for a long time that’s for sure!
Nick & Luke
“We absolutely loved them! We all sat and watched them together with the family. It was everything we hoped it would be, absolutely incredible. We all loved the films and Luke’s mum had a little tear.”